New Lounger
    Thanks

Getting a drive letter designation for a SATA-to-USB drive connection

Before I wiped clean an old 160GB SATA drive on my wife's old Win7 Toshiba notebook, to prepare for giving it to a nephew, I made a clone of the entire drive in order to be sure we had all of her old files and info if we ever needed them. The problem is, when I use my SATA-to-USB connector to take a look at the original hard drive, it's recognized by Win 7 on my PC as being a "mirror drive." Windows for some reason will not give it a drive letter designation, which means I cannot access the clone copy and see any individual files. Are there any tricks for getting Win 7 to recognize the clone drive and give it a letter designation so I can access all of the old files as necessary?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Modon View Post
    Are there any tricks for getting Win 7 to recognize the clone drive and give it a letter designation so I can access all of the old files as necessary?
    Modon,
    Hello.... If you go to Computer Management>Disk Management... you should see the drive show up ...If you right click on it you should be able to give it (assign) a drive letter from the drop down... Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)