Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 8 account

I have a Windows 8 account for my PC where I was able to change the account name which was my old email account like this m-****@*****.net. Since that account is gone for good, I changed it to the new email account. It took me 3 days to get it done because MS makes it really difficult to it.

Now, I have a laptop which logs in still with that old email account name as shown above. I want to change it as well to the new email account but despite all efforts, MS does not let me do it. For what reason I do not know. I do the same things as on my PC but MS will not budge to change the name. I still have the old name but use a different password. It is the same as on my PC when I log-in.

Any idea for a solution and why does MS make it so difficult. It is nothing more than a simple change. In principle it should automatically change on my laptop because I have only one account with MS.

To mention this, I have already written 2 messages to MS Help and Support but have not received a reply yet.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    "MS does not let me do it" means exactly what?

Are you using the account as a Microsoft account? If so, maybe change it to a local account and then see if you can change the user name, etc, and then, if you do, change it to a Microsoft account again.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Eventually, I found a solution. ruirib you were on the right path. The solution is to switch to a local account and entered all the necessary data. Since I am the only user I entered my name, password, reenter password, and a hint for the password. Continuing will switch to the local account. Then you would test whether it works by restarting the computer. For me it worked.

Then switch back to a MS account and you have it done.