Thanks

Information needed on locked thread

I read this thread with interest
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...-mother-in-law
    because my husband and I dealt with phone service for my 92 year old mother.

Can someone post a link to what this device looks like? I tried searching but I get sent to service for computers, android phones and a host of other items that are so far removed from anything useful for an 89 to 90+ something person.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks. Unfortunately both links take me to a signup page for Verizon and Sprint where I can't see a thing. Since I do not have either wireless service and no desire to create an account with Verizon or Sprint, I gave up on trying to see the device. I think that is a very poor move on Verizon's and Sprint's part that they do not allow you to see the products until you create an account and sign in.

I was able to see from your link the name of the Verizon device, home phone connect. I then googled that and found an image on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Verizon-Home-P.../dp/B007UKFGF2
    This is for anyone, who like me, gets frustrated trying to view a product and need to create an account just to look!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by plodr View Post
    Thanks. Unfortunately both links take me to a signup page for Verizon and Sprint where I can't see a thing. Since I do not have either wireless service and no desire to create an account with Verizon or Sprint, I gave up on trying to see the device. I think that is a very poor move on Verizon's and Sprint's part that they do not allow you to see the products until you create an account and sign in.
    At both sites you just have to enter a zip code so that they can show you what's available in your area.

Bruce

Thanks
    I'll bet you could go to your local Sprint or Verizon store and see the device.

Also, Walmart sells the same service, but I'm not sure what they call it. I believe it's a bit cheaper per month than Sprint or Verizon.

Thanks
    Does this have to be a Cell Phone service or can something like Magic Jack * work?
    That works with an internet router and uses standard home phones?
    It's what I've been using for over a year now. It only costs me ~$30 per year and I can call anywhere in the USA with NO long distance charges.

Mom might be happier, using a phone that actually looks like and sounds like a real phone, because it IS a real phone. Eh?

The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho View Post
    Does this have to be a Cell Phone service or can something like Magic Jack * work?
    That works with an internet router and uses standard home phones?
    It's what I've been using for over a year now. It only costs me ~$30 per year and I can call anywhere in the USA with NO long distance charges.

Mom might be happier, using a phone that actually looks like and sounds like a real phone, because it IS a real phone. Eh?

The Doctor
    I was the one who recommended Sprint or Verizon home phone service in the other post. The reason I recommended that, rather than something like MagicJack, was because there is no wired internet connection in the mother's room, only wifi.

With all of these services, you simply plug a regular phone into the adapter; no cell phone is involved.

But with Sprint or Verizon, all that is needed is a good cellular signal and an electrical outlet. You put the adapter there, and then run a phone wire to the phone. No further interaction is needed. It even has battery backup, in case the power goes out.

On the other hand, with MagicJack, any glitch in the internet service or router, and the phone quits working.