New Lounger
    Thanks

Using SUMPRODUCT between worksheets matching but cell content

Hi All

I am currently using the following formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Summary!$3:$3>=DATE(YEAR(Q$1),MONTH(Q$1),1)),--(Summary!$3:$3<=DATE(YEAR(Q$1),MONTH(Q$1),DAY(DATE (YEAR(Q$1),MONTH(Q$1)+1,0)))),Summary!53:53)

The first 2 parts of the formula define the date range that i am looking up and the third part points directly to the line i am looking for in the other worksheet. What i am trying to do is make the third part dynamic where rather than pointing directly to the line i can use match to identify what line in the other worksheet i should look to find the current value.

For example in the worksheet where the formula is i have "Total X" in cell A2. I can return the row number of "Total X" from the other worksheet using =MATCH(A2,Summary!$A:$A,0). Imagine this returns line 53.

What i am trying to do is combine the 2 formula's so i no longer have to point directly to the line in the other worksheet.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Tommy

Thanks
    How about:
    Code:
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Summary!3:3>=DATE(YEAR(Q$1),MONTH(Q$1),1)),--(Summary!3:3<=DATE(YEAR(Q$1),MONTH(Q$1),DAY(DATE(YEAR(Q$1),MONTH(Q$1)+1,0)))),INDIRECT("Summary!"&MATCH(A2,Summary!$A:$A,0)&":"&MATCH(A2,Summary!$A:$A,0)))
    Steve

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sdckapr For This Useful Post:

Littlestonedrose (2013-09-26)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Steve cheers for that your suggestion worked perfectly.

Really much appreciated.

Tommy