Star Lounger
    Thanks

Converting links in Readability addon

I use Readability add-on in Firefox to make web pages readable and printable. I have come across a blog from Readability
    (http://blog.arc90.com/2010/06/03/rea...the-hyperlink/) which states that it is now possible to convert hyperlinks to footnotes, thus improving readability. However, despite freshly installing the add-on I cannot find the option at the bottom of the font modification panel to perform this action.

Does anyone use this add-on and are you able to convert links as described. If so I would be delighted to discover what I am doing wrong!

Thanks
    According to that blog page you linked to, during installation you must check the little box next to "Convert hyperlinks to footnotes". It then goes on to say "If you already have Readability installed, you will need to reinstall it to take advantage of this feature (sorry about that)."

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you . You might notice that my original post states "However, despite freshly installing ..."

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KenWA View Post
    Thank you . You might notice that my original post states "However, despite freshly installing ..."
    Yes but did you tick the little box telling it to convert the links during installing?
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousclive View Post
    Yes but did you tick the little box telling it to convert the links during installing?
    ... tick the little box ... refers to the box on the font modification item on Readability itself, as you can see from the figure. It is this box which is not present on my system.

Thanks
    The "Convert hyperlinks to footnotes" box shown below is ***---ONLY---*** available during installation.

If you somehow missed checking it during installation, you'll need to uninstall the program and start over.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SpywareDr; 2013-09-29 at 09:18.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Does anyone actually use Firefox? Installation of add-ons/extensions is entirely automatic and there is no way options can be offered during installation. Any options available for that add-on can only be chosen AFTER the add-on is installed in Firefox.

Furthermore, you are misunderstanding the figure which shows the dialog seen when clicking on the style and margin options on the left hand margin in Readability itself, not any figure shown during installation. You are also misinterpreting the phrase "check this option UPON installing Readability". This does not mean WHILE installing, it means after installation. What I am seeing on clicking this option is the choices for fonts and margins but not for converting hyperlinks - hence my query.

And I thought this would be a simple problem with a simple answer!

Thanks
    Firefox is one of the browser's I use, but I do not use Readability. The instructions, and image above were taken from the page you referred us to. If those instructions aren't working, you may need to contact the author(s).

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The problem has now been solved. This particular option was removed from Readability earlier this year.

Thanks
    Good to hear you found your answer. Thanks for posting back.