New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 8 Automatic Maintenance

I've just come across what to me is a new utility for Windows. Found in Windows 8, it is called Automatic Maintenance, and is found in the Action Center. The information I've been able to find is sketchy, I'd like to find out what kind of maintenance is accomplished by this utility.

Thanks
    From http://www.itworld.com/software/1696...ures-windows-8

Microsoft puts a heavy emphasis on optimizing and increasing overall stability of Windows 8: A new "Automatic Maintenance" regularly checks for solutions to problems (via Windows Error Report), runs the .NET Optimization Service and defrags all hard disks automatically -- all of this happens while the PC is on idle, of course.
    Jerry

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry, does Automatic Maintenance defrag SSDs? (I hope not).
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    No. It will execute TRIM commands on SSDs.

Jerry

Thanks
    The Automatic Maintenance settings can be modified using the Action Center for some, and Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows for the rest.

For example, I have Defrag disabled in Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Defrag, because I prefer MyDefrag. I have MyDefrag scripts scheduled using Task Scheduler Library.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows