New Lounger
    Thanks

Question How to make a file available to users around the country???

I need to make an Office file (Excel) available to several users (6-8) who live around the country - California, Oregon, Florida, Wisconsin, etc. We are not on a common network. Ideally each member would need the ability to download the file, make their changes, then upload it back for the others to access. Ideally, only one person at a time would be able to modify the file so two changes can't be made at once, but the likelihood of this happening is somewhat remote. The new file could be renamed something like filename_9_29_13.xls so everyone would know which was the latest version.

How best to do this?

Thanks!

Ron in Oregon

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I would think either Google docs or Zoho docs; each has import/export for Office documents and I'm sure they must have decent measures in place for handling simultaneous collaborative efforts.
    Sent from Windows ME thru Opera 10.63...just before they crashe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to F.U.N. downtown For This Useful Post:

ronald11103 (2013-09-29)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    SkyDrive is the best place to work cooperatively on Office docs and you can share any document with the users you want. This applies to Excel, as well: http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/w...102625039.aspx

Never used it with Excel, but with Word or OneNote, it works pretty effortlessly.

I don't know about changing file names, though, but since it is allows shared editing, the version being viewed is always the last.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

ronald11103 (2013-09-29)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks! Either one or the other of these options will do the trick! Much simpler than I was expecting!