New Lounger
    Thanks

Running Win 7 in VPC

Before I upgrade to Windows 8, I need to solve an unsupported printer issue. I have a Canon Pixma MP950 that I value for its ability to scan multiple photographic slides. Canon has no plans to develop a Win 8 driver for this nor will they update the software for it. If I install Windows 8 Pro and set up a virtual pc for Windows 7, will I be able to fully utilize this multi-function printer? If so, how difficult will it be?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Well if no drivers or compatibility modes will work in Win 8, a VM will if the printer is USB attached. Hyper-V in Windows 8 does not have native USB capture but there is a workaround to research. Either Virtual Box or VMWare Player support USB capture natively. The process is very similar to setting up another OS from scratch. I have also read that there is a pretty easy method to get XPMode, if there are compatible printer drivers, running on Windows 8 in Virtual Box. It was a lifehacker article.
    Sent from Windows ME thru Opera 10.63...just before they crashe

Thanks
    Do you know someone with Win 8? If so see if it will run on that. I have an Epson 4490 scanner which was flagged by the compatibility program. However, it works fine. I reinstalled the software because I couldn't find the Epson scan link, but I might have been looking in the wrong place.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 7 Drivers

I've just read Canon forums where people have posted that the MP950 doesn't work in Windows 8 when tried with the Win 7 drivers.