I have one program - Evernote - that occasionally changes to a very tiny window and moves off-screen. I have no idea how or why this occurs but it is a bit frustrating. Not very, but a bit.

Getting it back where it should be is simple enough; there are at least three methods to locate it and move it back to the visible screen. So that's not my problem. I would like to know why and how it happens, as well as any known ways to prevent it from happening!

Searching the web with all possible combinations of terms I can muster brings me thousands of articles that tell me how to find and move off-screen windows back, but none that address the cause of this annoyance nor any suggestions as to preventing this behavior.

Evernote (Windows Desktop, latest version with a premium subscription) is the only program that moves off-screen on my machine, oddly enough. I wrote the developers and posted on their forum about this but never received any responses. Might very well have to do with their code since this hasnít occurred with any other programs here, but I donít know coding well enough to confirm this. Yet my searches have shown me that various program windows moving unexpectedly off-screen - seemingly by themselves - is occurring with some regularity to Windows 7x64 users. Many seem to suspect that it is the Windows Snap feature but no one has confirmed this that I can find.

My system is a custom rig built by Puget Systems and has an Intel Core i7 Sandy Bridge-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz, w/6 Cores & 12 Logical Processors, 16GB Patriot Viper Xtreme RAM, running Windows 7x64 Professional. Monitor is an ASUS 27" VE278Q LED Widescreen at the system-recommended 1920 x 1080 resolution. Graphics card: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 w/1280MB graphics memory.

Anyone have knowledge regarding why and/or how program windows suddenly change size and move off-screen? Any info is appreciated!

Thanks!

Jim