New Lounger
    Thanks

text size changes

just bought this HP Pavillion 17-E020DX laptop with Win8. Whenever I move the cursor around an open page (usually emails in outlook) there is a circle appear very briefly on screen and the text will change size. large or small it doesn't discriminate. I have to go to the tools button in Internet Explorer (newest version) and change it back with zoom option. I haven't noticed it doing it in any other programs or the desktop. not to say it doesn't, I haven't had this laptop but a few days, So I'm guessing this is part of IE 10.0.9 or Win8 but don't know how to disable it and believe me it's very annoying. I move the cursor kinda fast from one part of the page to another on the touchpad and poof either the text will change or the right click context menu will appear. Don't know if they're related. And it doesn't do it all the time. I'm sure someone else has ran into this so thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by mtbarbee; 2013-10-05 at 00:47.

Thanks
    Are you bumping [Ctrl][+]? In IE (and other browsers), [Ctrl][+] increases the size and [Ctrl][-] decreases.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    no. it's just my finger moving around the touchpad. It doesn't discriminate by where or how hard or how fast I move the cursor. It doesn't do it ALL the time. and don't forget the context will pop up out of nowhere like I right clicked a spot on the page, also. It's getting almost annoying enough to take back to bestbuy and exchange for something else but other than that I like the laptop. I see where folks have viewed this thread but no answers which leads me to think it's not a win8 setting but something HP has implemented lately. I cant believe I'm the only person who's having this problem.
    Last edited by mtbarbee; 2013-10-05 at 14:58.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You might try installing another browser like FireFox or Chrome and see if the same problem occurs. If it doesn't, then it could very well be an IE10 problem.

Rich