New Lounger
    Charlotte, N.C. USA

win8 product number

My new HP laptop didn't come with the familiar Windows product ID number sticker on the bottem of laptop. I read recently through Mr. Langa that MS includes it somewhere in the OS itself but don't remember where he said I could find it.

4 Star Lounger
    Fishkill, New York, USA
    This little utility might have been mentioned by Fred Langa:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rmonroe36 For This Useful Post:

mtbarbee (2013-10-05)

Polk County, Florida
    PC's and laptops that have the Windows 8 sticker have UEFI/GPT firmware, and the Product Key is in the firmware, so there's no need for a Product Key sticker on the outside.

In the event of a re-install becoming necessary, the firmware will supply the Product Key in the process.

I would suggest that one of the first things you need to do is make a full HDD drive image. I use Image for Windows, and it has the capability of capturing the entire HDD, all partitions including the recovery partition and any hidden partitions. I'm sure other imaging software has that same capability.
    Last edited by bbearren; 2013-10-05 at 14:40.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbearren For This Useful Post:

rmonroe36 (2013-10-05)