New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel: Suppressing "Name Already Exists" dialog

I have two macros that cause the same issue. One copies cells from one worksheet to another; the formulas include named cells on that sheet. The other macro makes a new worksheet by duplicating an existing one in the workbook.

Both operations cause the popup dialog:

"The name <range name> already exists. Click Yes to use that version of the name, or No to rename the version of <range name> you're moving or copying."

Oddly, the worksheet-duplication macro didn't always cause this. I'm not sure what I changed that now causes it to appear.

Anyway, I need a way to answer "yes" or "no" without the dialog actually interrupting the user. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think I partly figured it out. The names being copied had the Workbook scope. When I gave them instead the scope of a specific worksheet, I didn't get the pop-up.