Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe: I press cleanup and wait until it has finished and I still can't find Clean Up System Files

BATcher: It might be "just a minor irritation" to you, but I have an SSD and the directory is taking a large proportion of the drive.

David

Administrator
    Thanks
    If the "Clean Up System Files" button is not present either the patch is not installed, is not installed correctly, or the user account does not have administrative permissions to clean up those files.

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I attach 2 files, 1 showing that the patch IS and the 2nd showing my permissions.

Are they correct?

David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    Thanks
    If you are logged in with the third user in the list that is a member of the user group not the administrative group.

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, that's just where the cursor happen to alight. I'm logged on as me

David

Administrator
    Thanks
    Is your logged on user account a member of the administrator's group?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have exactly the same problem. I don't see any buttons, nor I see the Windows Update as an item.

What I only see, when loading the cleanup after choosing C drive, is that it does scan for Windows Update files!

I have so far found no clue on the Internet. I uninstalled that famous patch (related to windows 7 for cleanup) and reinstalled it manually and I still don't get anything.

Currently the winsxs takes 6 gigabytes of my harddisk.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aram Azhari View Post
    I have exactly the same problem. I don't see any buttons, nor I see the Windows Update as an item.

What I only see, when loading the cleanup after choosing C drive, is that it does scan for Windows Update files!

I have so far found no clue on the Internet. I uninstalled that famous patch (related to windows 7 for cleanup) and reinstalled it manually and I still don't get anything.

Currently the winsxs takes 6 gigabytes of my harddisk.
    Please post a screenshot of what you see.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Here are the screenshots:
    cl01.png
    cl02.JPG
    (Scrolled to the end to show all options)
    cl03.JPG
    cl04.JPG

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanks. have you checked the files to make sure that they have gotten updated correctly? See Disk Cleanup Wizard addon lets users delete outdated Windows updates on Windows 7 SP1 for file information.

Note: there is always free support from Microsoft for patch installation problems too.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Thanks. have you checked the files to make sure that they have gotten updated correctly? See Disk Cleanup Wizard addon lets users delete outdated Windows updates on Windows 7 SP1 for file information.

Note: there is always free support from Microsoft for patch installation problems too.

Joe
    The link you included is the one I already mentioned in the previous post. Yes, I do have that update and it installs without any errors and the link does not tell you how to verify that.

I guess I need to contact Microsoft for more help.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aram Azhari View Post
    The link you included is the one I already mentioned in the previous post. Yes, I do have that update and it installs without any errors and the link does not tell you how to verify that.

I guess I need to contact Microsoft for more help.
    My question about the patch was meant to be "have you checked the files on your system to make sure they match the ones listed in the KB article?". Just to double check that all the files were copied properly.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    My question about the patch was meant to be "have you checked the files on your system to make sure they match the ones listed in the KB article?". Just to double check that all the files were copied properly.

Joe
    My files seem to be even more recent versions of the ones mentioned in the KB article. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same.

Administrator
    Thanks
    On a couple of Win7 systems I access the files are newer too. I don't have any problem cleaning up system files.

Sorry but I'm out of ideas. If Microsoft is of any help please post back.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Strange story; I read the post which was of enormous interest to me as winxs takes an enormous place on my HD ~ 20 GB ; next I ran the clean up wizard that let me clean the WINDOWS UPDATE files for about 1 GB ; there was no option for "system files cleaning " ; then following the post I tried to install the fix but after downloading it hapenned that the "fix is already installed " ; so I get confused ; the version I have works in french ; is it possible that cleaning Windows update is the same option that cleaning system files ? Interesting to get an answer to that ...........

VERY SORRY! I did not read the first post enough carefully ; the answer is there and it is YES ; everything is in order now
    Last edited by TCHAPAIEV; 2014-03-23 at 01:13. Reason: Mistake in reading the first post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12