New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Irritating NO Responding on brand new Asus X101CH-WHI078S

Eee Pc Asus X101CH-WHI078S is brand new, already with Windows 7 starter.

I installed Mozilla free.

Not sure whether it is for Firefox or Windows 7 subforum... Be free to transfter if necessary.

Well, after 4 weeks of use, notebook began to suffer from irritating NO Responding while I was surfing.
    Changing tabs or scrolling seem to provoke No Responding with firefox chasing her tail, but i goes back to normal, and then again No Responding.

Sometimes Notebook gets freezed, for example whilst I was booking e flight ticket on Expedia.

Just 15 minutes ago Outlook Hotmail did not respond, and even Task manager could not shut it down.
    I saw on the screen
    CPU 20% and physical memory use 92%.

I shut down computer by pressing ON button...

Can it be eplained "onlx" bz poor wifi connection_?
    /I will check it tomorrow from PC cafe with better connection.../

It is not a hardware problem already, is it?!

Thanks in advance, guys.
    Last edited by Ohoy; 2013-10-10 at 12:30. Reason: typing errors

Thanks
    I think you have picked up some junk while surfing.

Make sure you have a decent anti-virus / anti-malware package installed. I use Trend Micro. You can download and run the trial version for free -- it's a fully functional program. Use it to thoroughly scan and clean your computer.

If this fixes things, then you have your answer. I would then pay the fee for one year of use of Trend Micro.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I got Trend Micro -free trial - together with WIndows 7.
    I installed it and run it - no threats, just 10 deleted cookies.

After the restart it was better, but it seems that situation is repeated itself, and as I am typing this reply I am getting through hell of repeated No respondings, with the screen looking as covered with milk, slow cursor and firefox tail in the middle of the screen. The text appears on the screen with the delay.
    Restart helps only in the beginning.

Then all starts again.

Maybe Firefox newest version is not doing well with Windows 7??
    I am sendng this reply after maybe 17 No respondings

Thanks
    Two additional things you can try:

1. Download and install CCleaner. Use it to see what loads at startup. Disable as much as possible. For example, you likely can disable all HP stuff.

2. In Firefox, disable Browser Helper Objects. (I'm not sure what they are called in Firefox.) These are programs which load with the browser. The only BHO I would keep is the Trend Micro BHO.

This pretty much covers the software side. Something you can easily check on the hardware side: Download and install Speedfan. Use Speedfan to see if anything is overheating in the computer. That can indicate a hardware problem, which can be the cause of slowdowns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks.
    (Although I don't understand much.)
    I am now on IExplorer and there is no not responding. (For now.)
    I ran across on few articles about solision between Asus graphic card and Firefox.
    I'll try wuth CCleaner.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just to add>>> I have also Lenovo G550 with Firefox, and have no such problems as I do now with new Asus.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Shouldn't have anything to do with hardware unless either the RAM memory or the HDD firefox is using for storing temporary files is damaged. If, according to task manager 92% of memory was being used and you had only firefox running either your system is low on RAM (which I doubt), Firefox is using up too much memory or you have many preinstalled programs running that are consuming much of your memory.

So let's start by finding out what's causing so high % of memory usage.

-How much RAM has you laptop? EDIT: After a quick search i found out that the ASUS you mention is a notebook with 1/2GB of RAM. If it's a 1GB RAM system with W7 that could explain having some issues with firefox, since it tends to be an memory consuming browser. Also, the lenovo laptop according to my quick search has 3GB of RAM, so it's normal it has not any problems.

-How much memory is firefox consuming? You can check it in the task manager, processes tab. Look for firefox.exe process (while using firefox like you usually do, since the more open tabs, the more memory it consumes) and tell us how many KB of memory is using, so we can se if it's an acceptable quantity or if it's too much.

-Remember that you can try to remove any search bars you may (accidentally or not) installed on firefox, same as any extensions you may have installed on said browser. The more tabs, extensions and complements firefox has, the more memory it uses.
    Last edited by Sanael; 2013-10-12 at 04:57.