Thread: magnafier tool

New Lounger
    Thanks

magnafier tool

I posted last week about the text just up and changing sizes (large or small) intermitantly whenever I move the cursor around a page using my touchpad on new laptop. A friend said he had the same problem but with win7 and he just turned the magnifier tool off. I remember seeing the tool under system tools or something like that in win7, Of course it's a little different in win8 as I cant find a way to turn off. Finding it wasn't easy to begin with as it's buried under the personalization in control panel I can't find a way to turn the tool off. Anyone know how to turn it off? It changes whether I use chrome firefox or IE and like I posted before it's really getting annoying.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I found a box that can be checked or unchecked under "making the computer easier to see" under "display" down under personalization, the box was unchecked under "turn magnifier on" so I don't know what the heck is going on. So I found the answer to my question but the answer aint working. Go figure.
    Last edited by mtbarbee; 2013-10-10 at 19:32.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Your touchpad (HP Pavillion 17-E020DX laptop) can use touch gestures, including zooming in by moving two fingers apart and zooming out by moving two fingers together.

I think you either need to be careful to touch the pad with only one finger when you don't want to zoom, or disable those two gestures at Control Panel, Synaptics TouchPad.

The context menu, which you mentioned in your previous thread about these issues, is produced by a two-finger press; that could also be disabled if it's too easy to produce.

See pages 26-31 in your manual for details of all the gestures, as there are at least ten of them, or check the demonstrations of them at Control Panel, Synaptics Touchpad.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2013-10-11 at 02:45.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thank you so much for that post Bruce. Exactly who I've been waiting on. Buy you a drink if I could. I have not read that in the user manual. I was just certain it was a win8 issue. I am sooo happy now.