New Lounger
    Thanks

QuattroPro to Excel conversion

Is anyone able to guide me to a converter for QuattroPro5 files (wb1 extensions) to Excel (xls extensions)?
    I have exhaustively searched the internet and followed every suggestion for a solution without success.
    I am running QuattroPro5 on Windows XP (32 bit). QP5 is incompatible with W7, which, incidentally, I have dual booted. I also have Excel 2002. Am very willing to upgrade Excel if needed.
    My QP files are extensive and very valuable to me and too difficult (for me) to manually convert.
    Since both XP and I are rapidly approaching our use by dates I need to solve this problem soon!
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Granddad; 2013-10-11 at 22:46.

Thanks
    Try using Open Office Calc to open your Quattro Pro Spreadsheet then save in an Excel format. Note that it will not convert macros.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Just tried that - no luck. Trouble is it's a Jurassic Park problem.
    I believe there is a version of Excel that comes loaded with a converter, but I don't know which one.

Thanks
    It may not be an upgrade you need, but to find an older version of Excel, perhaps XL2000 or XL97. Some of the older office versions had converters that were eliminated from later editions. For example I know that early versions of Word had a DisplayWrite4 converter that is no longer available.

Steve

Thanks
    My old computer is running XP with Office 2003. Excel offers to open Quattro Pro files with extensions of .wq1. Can you resave your file with that extension?

quattro.jpg

New Lounger
    Thanks
    In taking up the suggestion to try Open Office I spotted Libre Office, downloaded and installed it. At first sight it seems to have cracked the problem!!!! Macros and all. I will look at the detail later. If Libre Office works well in W7 it will have solved my problem.
    Thanks to all who offered help. Much appreciated.
    Jim/Granddad