2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

October Windows Updates Clobber Flight Simulator X

After installing the October Windows updates on my Win 8/64 Pro system, Flight Simulator X now crashes when you try to "fly" or save any configuration updates. The Lockheed PREPAR3D also now crashes, along with a utility for updating the FSX configuration file. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. I am now going back to remove the updates and see if I can figure out which one (if any) are causing these problems. I must say the lately the Windows update for Win 8 have been _reducing_ reliability. I haven't noticed any problems for other programs or games. For example, RailSimulator 2014 runs just fine.

David

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I removed all the suspect October Windows updates and that didn't improve things. I tried re-installing FSX and that didn't help either. Something else is going on. Win 8.1 is coming soon so I may just wait for that to see what happens. PREPAR3D (a more modern version of FSX) is being updated late this year too, so that might fix the issues. I have checked the event log, and the error code is 0xc0000005 and it occurs in an ATI video driver (ATIUMDAG.DLL). I updated the ATI driver too, and that also didn't help.

Doesn't seem to be any game players on this board, so unless something amazing happens, I won't update further.

David

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you checked the AMD support site?

Joe