Thanks
    Is there any easy way to accomplish this? I couldn't find anything clear via Google. I know I can select a preexisting group, bu then it shows as a group in the new listing, not a s separate members if I want to add or subtract from that list.

Is there a way?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Chuck, copying how? From an existing distlist in Contacts to a new one Contacts, or from one message To field to a new message To field, or what?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7±DS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBF View Post
    Chuck, copying how? From an existing distlist in Contacts to a new one Contacts, or from one message To field to a new message To field, or what?
    John, I'm sorry...

What I started out wanting to do is to take a distribution list I already have and the copy it and then make minor changes, creating a new list. I found that I can set up to send an e-mail to the (first) group, click the arrow, copy all the addresses, go back to Contacts, and create a new group and then modify, but I thought (in 2003 / 2007) that could just right-click / copy / paste in the Contacts list to do it, but that doesn't seem to work here.

Chuck.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In 2003, this works for me: select the DistList, Edit | Copy to Folder | select the same Contacts Folder | OK out. Then select the newly duplicated DistList, open it, rename it, and edit its members.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7±DS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBF View Post
    In 2003, this works for me: select the DistList, Edit | Copy to Folder | select the same Contacts Folder | OK out. Then select the newly duplicated DistList, open it, rename it, and edit its members.
    John that's just what the doctor ordered!

Thanks,
    Chuck

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Another quick way... Hold your Control key and drag the distro list to the same folder it's already in (or any other folder if you want a copy in another folder)... makes a copy with the same name - double click it to rename it and/or alter it like you would any other distro list. You can do this with appointments, contacts, distro lists, tasks, etc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Richelle For This Useful Post:

Gem4skis (2013-10-24)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richelle LaBelle View Post
    Another quick way... Hold your Control key and drag the distro list to the same folder it's already in (or any other folder if you want a copy in another folder)... makes a copy with the same name - double click it to rename it and/or alter it like you would any other distro list. You can do this with appointments, contacts, distro lists, tasks, etc.
    That works as well.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Chuck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CWBillow For This Useful Post:

Gem4skis (2013-10-24)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Very Good!