Thread: Where

Thanks

Where

Im trying to find Facebook in the Windows 8 store. Is there one cause I sure don't see it?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Desktop? Use the browser, you can't beat that. Surprisingly or not, Facebook is a website.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Administrator
    Thanks
    Seems an app was just released, for the Windows 8.1 launch.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

t8ntlikly (2013-10-17)

Thanks
    Downloading now.... Thanks I guess I am so used to a tile on my WP that I just .........Well you know! LOL
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    As I mentioned at the start of this post, I am really new to Windows 8.1. So far, I really like it. I do wish however that MSFT would get Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 a little closer in the way that they operate, and that the app developers would do the same.

First: I don't see anyway to close an app and that would sure be nice to be able to do: On my Windows Phone, when I switch apps, after a bit (once or twice) the apps that I am switching back and forth are 1 & 2. For example when grocery shopping I switch between OneNote and the calculator.

Second: I have a couple of apps (AllRecipes, and ESPN Score Center) both of these are just about worthless on Windows 8. I realize the phone and Surface are to completely different animals, but IMHO the apps should work at least close to the same. I haven't reviewed them yet, but will.

Third: Why pray tell would MSFT release these Bing apps, and NOT include the Bing Food and Drink app for the Windows Phone. I downloaded it to my Surface, and it far exceeds any other app in that category that I have seen...

Thanks For the rant!

john
    Thanks John

Administrator
    Thanks
    You close an app by grabbing it (move to the top of screen, cursor will turn into a hand) and dragging it to the bottom of the screen.

Microsoft is working to make sure apps on Windows Phone and Windows 8 can be developed with as much common code as possible. Probably that will mean more and better apps and also more similarity between WP and W8.

I agree with you. Bing apps are excellent examples of what great apps can be, regardless of the platform.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

t8ntlikly (2013-10-19)

Thanks
    I stuck my USB mouse in, and what you said does work however I am not using a mouse or a keyboard. Im thinking that it would look pretty silly running around the store trying to use a mouse...... I don't think my grocery cart liability insurance would cover me..........LOL
    Thanks John

Thanks
    My apologies ruirib it does work with my slightly fat and somewhat dysfunctional fingers...... I just needed to keep practicing
    Thanks John

Administrator
    Thanks
    Yes, John, it requires a bit of practice .
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Administrator
    Thanks
    Seems Windows 8.1 changed this a little bit. Check Paul Thurrott's tip: http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...ip-restart-app
    Rui
    -------
    R4