Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Chuck,

If you want the best answer to your new question, post it as a separate question. Probably you should post it in the general Office forum rather than in the Word Processing forum. If you do that, as a courtesy, provide a link to the new post in this thread.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Thanks
    Yea, sorry Charles.

Regards,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    Courtesy link to new thread.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I know for a fact that Word and Excel will work offline as I went offline just to test this. In theory all the apps work offline, but I have not personally verified this.

You must be online at least once a month as Microsoft checks the activations, and if the apps don't get the activation renewed, they quit after 30 days.

Info is hard to find on this subject, as most of the links I found in google on this subject, were about the business version, which may be different.

For $20, I would snap this up, as I am paying ~$10/month.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Be very careful on the install because during the install Office will want to remove any other version currently installed. If that happens you won't have office 2010 to use after your subscription expires. The way I kept two versions of office on the same machine was to create a new folder under Programs or Programs x86 before the install and do a custom install to that directory. Outlook won't play well with older versions so I modified the currently installed version to remove Outlook before the new install.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have 25 as well, and when I purchased Office University I was awarded an additional 20 GB for a total of 45

New Lounger
    Thanks

Don't get weak with the Cloud...

Microsoft Office 2013 in particular and Windows 8 in general steer you to store and access your data in the cloud on Skydrive, but you don't have to. You can save and access your documents on your local storage media for later offline use. And in all versions of most Office products you can "save as" your documents as an earlier more-compatible version for other users -- which might include yourself after the four-year "trial" expires.

And there is never an excuse to not backup locally first, then use the cloud second. Regardless of how vast and backed-up the cloud storage may be, until our internet bandwidth approaches our internal data bus bandwidth, there will never be a faster data recovery than from locally-attached media.

Eric
    Vontronics Computer Services
    "serving up solutions since 1978"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12