Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    hi,

I used the fle "XML Files_Revised.xlsm" but reflected the following error. "error run time -2147217376 (80041020) dtd not allowed..how can I fix it?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks for these fantastic macros, Maudible.

I am using the "XML Files_Revised" macro and was wondering if it would be possible to auto-generate "labels" for each of the columns of data that are imported from all of the xml files. I will provide the following example, which I hope will clarify my request:

The xml file contains a field and value of: <Price Value="36584" />

The value 36584 nicely populates the respective row in a column, however could the "Price" be extracted from label to populate a header row in the worksheet?

Hoping that makes sense.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using the script, but having a problem.
    I am importing xml files that comes from different adobe forms
    most of the forms works perfect; but one of the forms puts a line with the "headers" first, and then repeats the data 3 times, over 3 lines. Like this

"Name","date","country"
    Mike,12/07,UK
    Mike,12/07,UK
    Mike,12/07,UK
    "Name","date","country"
    George,07/04,FR
    George,07/04,FR
    George,07/04,FR

On the other xml files there are no header displayed, wich is fine

New Lounger
    Thanks

Importing multiple XML files into Excel

Hi,
    Is it possible to import XML files with different headers? When the script finds a new column, it adds the column and the data for that column.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Faoro Mwas View Post
    Hi,
    Is it possible to import XML files with different headers? When the script finds a new column, it adds the column and the data for that column.
    Yes, but when it does, it imports the file 3 times (1 line for the headers, and the 3 repeted lines with the data.

I tried to list only file of the same format (from the same form) and the 3 repeat is only comming when importing data from 1 specific form, the other forms behave normally.
    I guess that it must be something in the forms (all created with Adobe life cycle)
    Last edited by crj9; 2014-07-29 at 07:03.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Variation on your theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Maudibe View Post
    zmagic,

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you wanted to read the xml file line by line onto a spreadsheet which the initial code does. You want the file imported not to view the XML coding but to display the file in human readable form. I now understand your intent.

By not having a sample file, this is a bit difficult to determine the schema. However, I took a stab at it and this works well with XML files I have. Give it a go.
    Hi Maudibe - I have a similar situation where I need to extract xml tags from some drawing files. There is no "map" supplied. If I open them individually I get a lot of lines and rows - I am new to xml tags so not sure if this is normal!
    I can however trim the xml tags required right down to approx. 10 tags.

You mention that you can extract particular tags out in the VBA - how - any clue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Andy

New Lounger
    Thanks

Help

Hi maudibe,

I am using the "XML Files_Revised" macro . Can file names of xml get printed in another column in records of that particular xml.

Thanks in advance
    Sam

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sams998 For This Useful Post:

RishProdigy (2015-08-27)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12