Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    hi,

I used the fle "XML Files_Revised.xlsm" but reflected the following error. "error run time -2147217376 (80041020) dtd not allowed..how can I fix it?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks for these fantastic macros, Maudible.

I am using the "XML Files_Revised" macro and was wondering if it would be possible to auto-generate "labels" for each of the columns of data that are imported from all of the xml files. I will provide the following example, which I hope will clarify my request:

The xml file contains a field and value of: <Price Value="36584" />

The value 36584 nicely populates the respective row in a column, however could the "Price" be extracted from label to populate a header row in the worksheet?

Hoping that makes sense.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using the script, but having a problem.
    I am importing xml files that comes from different adobe forms
    most of the forms works perfect; but one of the forms puts a line with the "headers" first, and then repeats the data 3 times, over 3 lines. Like this

"Name","date","country"
    Mike,12/07,UK
    Mike,12/07,UK
    Mike,12/07,UK
    "Name","date","country"
    George,07/04,FR
    George,07/04,FR
    George,07/04,FR

On the other xml files there are no header displayed, wich is fine

New Lounger
    Thanks

Importing multiple XML files into Excel

Hi,
    Is it possible to import XML files with different headers? When the script finds a new column, it adds the column and the data for that column.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Faoro Mwas View Post
    Hi,
    Is it possible to import XML files with different headers? When the script finds a new column, it adds the column and the data for that column.
    Yes, but when it does, it imports the file 3 times (1 line for the headers, and the 3 repeted lines with the data.

I tried to list only file of the same format (from the same form) and the 3 repeat is only comming when importing data from 1 specific form, the other forms behave normally.
    I guess that it must be something in the forms (all created with Adobe life cycle)
    Last edited by crj9; 2014-07-29 at 08:03.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Variation on your theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Maudibe View Post
    zmagic,

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you wanted to read the xml file line by line onto a spreadsheet which the initial code does. You want the file imported not to view the XML coding but to display the file in human readable form. I now understand your intent.

By not having a sample file, this is a bit difficult to determine the schema. However, I took a stab at it and this works well with XML files I have. Give it a go.
    Hi Maudibe - I have a similar situation where I need to extract xml tags from some drawing files. There is no "map" supplied. If I open them individually I get a lot of lines and rows - I am new to xml tags so not sure if this is normal!
    I can however trim the xml tags required right down to approx. 10 tags.

You mention that you can extract particular tags out in the VBA - how - any clue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Andy

New Lounger
    Thanks

Help

Hi maudibe,

I am using the "XML Files_Revised" macro . Can file names of xml get printed in another column in records of that particular xml.

Thanks in advance
    Sam

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sams998 For This Useful Post:

RishProdigy (2015-08-27)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple xml file import in one worksheet in same data same field

Hi Maudibe,

I tried by your macro sheet but can I import all xml data by data field? (Example: column A contain date for all date, column B contain Age, column C contain Job. If any age data field found blank in xml then column B cell will blank and put Job data in column C. Please give me a solution.

Thanks in advance.

zmagic,

This workbook will prompt you to navigate to a folder with XML files. It will load only XML files from the folder and sub folders to a sheet named "XMLData". It will create a header with the file name and copy the file contents to each column.

HTH
    Maud

Thanks
    Post #14: Need Sample xml files to help you. An excel spreadsheet with how you would like it to be displayed would also be vey helpful.
    Please include sample XML files and a sample spreadsheet of the desired final view.

Maud

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maudibe For This Useful Post:

rahim (2015-09-14),Spyros Christodoulou (2015-09-21)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: with sample Importing multiple XML files into Excel

Dear Maud

Please see the attachment and please do something for me
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

xml data to excel sheets

Please include sample XML files and a sample spreadsheet of the desired final view.

Maud
    Hello Maidibe,
    Fisrt of all i would like to thank you for your efforts and time spend so far on this.
    I have created a zipped file that includes xml sample and excel file.
    Is it possible while importing the xml files according to the OrderNumber field values to insert in different sheets?
    Kind regards,xml.zip
    Spyros.

Thanks
    Rahim,

I looked at your XML files. All 3 have different mappings that complicate things a bit. That is why the data was not lining up. (see Image)

Rahim1.png

What makes it more difficult is to devise code that is generic enough to use for any mapping. I have completed that part and the image above is a snapshot of the output of the code I have so far. It will be used to generate the header and extract the data from the nodes. I am now working on the code to move the mapping of the nodes for each file so they are aligned. I do not believe that will be difficult. What you have posted as the final view is achievable but I will need a little more time.

Spyros,

When the code for Rahim is completed, I will apply it to your request. Please be patient

Maud

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Maudibe For This Useful Post:

rahim (2015-10-30)

Thanks
    Rahim,

This was a challenge! Because your xml files have different mappings, I had to create a common map that all 3 files would map to. The attached file will import all your xml files from a folder and its subfolders then list them in a table under the correct header.

Note: This mapping is specific to Rahim's .xml files but can be adapted for other .xml files

HTH,
    Maud

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Maudibe For This Useful Post:

rahim (2015-10-30)

Thanks
    Spyros,

This worksheet will import your XML files according to the Order Number into sheets with the same name. If the sheet does not exist, it will create it. You did not specify which sheets to import them into so it was an assumption that the sheet has the same name as the order number.

HTH,
    Maud

Thanks
    Can file names of xml get printed in another column in records of that particular xml.

Hi Sam,

The following file will place the name of the XML file in column A

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast