New Lounger
    Thanks

Question windows explorer crashes; mp3 files create jpgs of themselves

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has experienced this before, but sometimes, when selecting multiple mp3 files to play in media player, they will launch the player but crash the browser. sometimes trying to delete a file or move one will crash it, too.
    I've looked into this a little bit and tested a few things, but the problem seems to have settled itself - for now.

I also noticed that one of the folders that crashed the browser later had lots of .jpg files labelled with the song title plus '.mp3',and there was one for EVERY SONG in the folder. i deleted these unwanted new .jpg files and tried again, they aren't re-appearing, however i suspect they might do after a new reboot. I've had this weird thing happen before with the mp3s producing jpgs but nothing online seems to even hint as to what the cause is. Nobody had even posted anything remotely similar.

I'm sure the browser crashing and later finding multiple extra .jpg files in the music folder are related, but no idea why. Can anyone help?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Not sure exactly what you mean by this:

had lots of .jpg files labelled with the song title plus '.mp3'
    Could you paste an example file name. Are they not just album artwork to display in media player?

As regards the crashing, I'd suggest making a note of the exact time of the next crash, then check the Windows event logs for that time, then post again with anything you find.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    To prevent Windows Explorer crashes check if there are any malfunctioning shell extensions. Disable or uninstall shell extensions that you suspect are the root reasons.