Thread: Archive

Babrac

Archive

[img]/w3timages/icons/scream.gif[/img] I had to wipe my hard drive clean and I thought a backup program I use for Outlook 98 (internet only) was backing up my archive.pst file. As I was reinstalling everything, I noticed my archive.pst file wasn't backed up, however, I did have a copy on the hard drive I copied my hard drive to. So I burned it on a CD. I went to the directory where Outlook 98 stores the archive.pst, copied my .pst from the CD to the directory, went back to Outlook 98 and tried to import the archive. The message I got was "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use." "File access denied." !!! I have Outlook set to archive. I've tried opening the file. I've tried everything I know of but I can't get the file open. Please help because I don't want to lose those emails.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Archive

right click on it in windows explorer and remove the read only flag.

outlook needs read-write access to the pst and when burned to cd, the flag is set.

Babrac

Thank you. That was the exact problem.

bkerr

For a different reason, I went through a similar scenario to that described above. I followed your advice, i.e. reset the read-only flag, but now get the messsage "The server is not available". Any ideas?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

which version and mode of outlook? see help > about

bkerr

My Oulook version is Outlook 98 nad the mode is 'Corporate or Workgroup'