Thread: Time formatting

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Time formatting

I have a form in Access 2010 with a datetime field that has the mask "dd Mmm yyyy hh:nn", which works correctly except that hours less than 12 are displayed with one digit; i.e., 8 am appears as "8:00" but should be "08:00". How can I fix this?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think this may actually be a configuration setting in Windows. Try changing your time settings to display time as 24 hour time rather than 12 hour. If that is already the case, or it doesn't resolve it, then I think you may have encountered a bug.
    Wendell

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. Changing the Windows time format to 24 hour worked. I thought that specifying a format mask should override that.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    I think it has been this way for quite a while. Just one of those things you just have to accept and deal with.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.