New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2013 keeps changing spellcheck language

Hi.

I'm in Canada, and I work for an international organization. I recently changed to Outlook 2013, and I find that when I send an e-mail it keeps changing spell check dictionaries (based on some flag in the text, I imagine).

For example, if I reply to an e-mail, part of the spell check will be English US, part English Canada, part French Canada, and so on.

How do I stop this behaviour? I only want to spell check using one dictionary. I've gone into the Outlook settings and deleted other dictionaries, and set the one that I want to be default, but the software won't stop trying to help me.

Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,071 Posts
    So, do you have just one language in File->Options->Language, Choose Editing Languages?
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try unchecking Detect language automatically

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've tried removing the extra languages, but they keep reappearing, particularly English Canada. I assume a number of my correspondents have that language, and it's being sent to me as a flag in their e-mails, so Outlook helpfully puts it back for me.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using Outlook 2013, and I don't see that option. There is an option for "Let me know when I should download extra proofing tools", but I've never been asked. The extra languages simply reappear automatically, even after I've removed them.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,071 Posts
    I can't understand why languages keep being added, tbh. I would try Bruce's suggestion, but to follow it, you need to start a new message and pick the review tab, then uncheck the Detect language automatically option in Language dialog box.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Aha. Found the setting. If it takes, it looks as though that might help. Thank you!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hy, I'm from Australia. Microsoft outlook is much better than other's. As there's vary rare chance to drop of mail.