2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving e-mail from my inbox to a shared folder

I have my own inbox as well as an inbox that belongs to a Shared User. I currently have a macro that will move an e-mail out of my inbox into a sub-folder within my inbox where I store those e-mails.

What I would like to do is move those e-mails from my inbox to a sub-folder in the Shared users inbox. Can anyone help me with that code?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    You could set up a rule which would put incoming mail in the desired folder if it meets certain conditions (e.g. from a particular sender).

What email program or webmail service are you using?

Administrator
    Thanks
    An Outlook rule can have more than one action. You should be able to "move a copy" and then "move to a folder" in that order in the same rule. Which version of Outlook?

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Outlook 2010. I do not want to automatically move the e-mail to the folder. I need to read the e-mail, detach a file, and then move it. I currently have a macro that does that within my own mail box. I just cant quite figure out how to get the macro to move it to the shared mailbox.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Sorry, I misread your original post and switched macro to rule in my head. I don't do Outlook macros. Hope someone else can help.

Joe