2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving e-mail from my inbox to a shared folder

I have my own inbox as well as an inbox that belongs to a Shared User. I currently have a macro that will move an e-mail out of my inbox into a sub-folder within my inbox where I store those e-mails.

What I would like to do is move those e-mails from my inbox to a sub-folder in the Shared users inbox. Can anyone help me with that code?

Thanks
    You could set up a rule which would put incoming mail in the desired folder if it meets certain conditions (e.g. from a particular sender).

What email program or webmail service are you using?

Administrator
    Thanks
    An Outlook rule can have more than one action. You should be able to "move a copy" and then "move to a folder" in that order in the same rule. Which version of Outlook?

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Outlook 2010. I do not want to automatically move the e-mail to the folder. I need to read the e-mail, detach a file, and then move it. I currently have a macro that does that within my own mail box. I just cant quite figure out how to get the macro to move it to the shared mailbox.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Sorry, I misread your original post and switched macro to rule in my head. I don't do Outlook macros. Hope someone else can help.

Joe