Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Not a 'system builder'ócan I install from OEM disk?

I want to install Win7 on Boot Camp partition of my MacBook Pro. The disk arrived today, and I have not yet opened it. Before I break the seal, I'd like to know it's safe to proceed. The documentation on the package says: "OEM System Builder Pack. Intended for system builders ONLY." It goes on to define a system builder as " ... an original equipment manufacturer, an assembler, a refurbisher, or a software pre-installer that sells the Customer System(s) to a third party." And then: "You accept this license when you open this Pack."

Now, Amazon, NewEgg, and many other vendors sell this stuff, and I'm sure not every buyer is a bona fide "system builder." I just want to make absolutely sure that I'm going to be okay if I "open this Pack." I've read elsewhere on this forum that OEM basically means that the end user can't expect any help from Microsoft Corporation if something goes wrong. Is that really all there is to it? Or am I treading on thin ice here? I don't want to throw away my $90.

Thanks
    System builder disks will be tied to whatever computer you install them on, forever, or until they go in the junk heap.
    And yes, you can say goodbye to MS support, you are now your own support.

You may consider yourself the refurbisher, assembler, 3rd party buyer.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Caesar,

IIRC, Microsoft WILL help you with installation or updating issues.

Zig