New Lounger
    Thanks

Powerpoint 2010 command buttons

I am trying to set up transparent command buttons that are placed over a graphic image. I need to use command buttons because I need to execute vba code when a button is clicked. This is button specific, so I can't use a standard shape.

While I am editing the slideshow, the buttons are transparent (set by using Properties, Backstyle = fmBackStyleTransparent. When I start the slideshow, they are displayed opaque with the standard background colour. I am on Windows 7, SP1.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Neil

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been experimenting further and still haven't resolved the above issue. However, a workaround would appear to be that you create an image background for the button that is identical to the graphic you were trying to overlay. There are some interesting challenges here also, as you have to have exactly the right size of image, as Powerpoint adjusts as it sees fit ...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You can only set transparancy for a command button in PPt when it is used on a userforrm (NOT a slide)

Are you sure you cannot use a standard transparent shape? It is very likely that you can. Explain what you need to code to do?