Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Bluetooth no longer stays connected with Win 8.1 HELP!!

Hi everyone,

Hoping I can get some help here.

I just updated my laptop to Win 8.1 and now my Bluetooth will not stay connected more than a second or two. I use it daily to listen to music.

The headset is a Motorola H19txt.

I have seen other Bluetooth devices are having the same problem.

Any suggestions for me.

Thank you!!

Thanks
    Sometimes drivers quit working when you upgrade to Windows 8.1. However, a quick uninstall/reinstall in Device Manager should fix it.

As a disclaimer, let me say that I haven't done this with Bluetooth, nor have I ever used Windows 8.1. But this is how you can do it in previous versions of Windows, and with most if not all hardware devices. I'm guessing that this method will also work with Windows 8.1 and Bluetooth.

Go to Device Manager and find Bluetooth in the list. It may have a yellow triangle by it, which means that it is not working.

Right click on it, and then choose Uninstall (whether or not it has the yellow triangle).

After uninstalling it, right click on the top item in the list, and choose Scan for Hardware Changes. It should find it and reinstall the driver.

Bluetooth should now work.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. I will try that when I get back on my laptop in a few days and I will let you know!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
    Sometimes drivers quit working when you upgrade to Windows 8.1. However, a quick uninstall/reinstall in Device Manager should fix it.

As a disclaimer, let me say that I haven't done this with Bluetooth, nor have I ever used Windows 8.1. But this is how you can do it in previous versions of Windows, and with most if not all hardware devices. I'm guessing that this method will also work with Windows 8.1 and Bluetooth.

Go to Device Manager and find Bluetooth in the list. It may have a yellow triangle by it, which means that it is not working.

Right click on it, and then choose Uninstall (whether or not it has the yellow triangle).

After uninstalling it, right click on the top item in the list, and choose Scan for Hardware Changes. It should find it and reinstall the driver.

Bluetooth should now work.

Well, unfortunately this fix doesn't work. No matter what I do I keep getting the yellow triangles. I even reset the Bluetooth first.

UGH!! Any other ideas maybe?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newzgirl View Post

Well, unfortunately this fix doesn't work. No matter what I do I keep getting the yellow triangles. I even reset the Bluetooth first.

UGH!! Any other ideas maybe?
    Go to the website of your Bluetooth device and see if there is a Windows 8.1 driver for it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Go to the website of your Bluetooth device and see if there is a Windows 8.1 driver for it.
    I am getting the triangles even when I have removed the device from the laptop.

Motorola provided a driver link but it doesn't locate the Bluetooth.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Try running a Windows Update, and see if there are any Bluetooth devices listed as updates. If so, install them. (Don't install any other hardware devices.)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Try running a Windows Update, and see if there are any Bluetooth devices listed as updates. If so, install them. (Don't install any other hardware devices.)
    I ran a windows update and still no luck. I fear only a reformat will fix this.

Thanks
    I am getting the triangles even when I have removed the device from the laptop.

Motorola provided a driver link but it doesn't locate the Bluetooth.
    If you can, download the driver to an empty folder on your desktop. It may be in a zip file, unzip it if it is.

Open Device Manager and open the Properties on the Bluetooth device. Click on Update Drive, then Have disk, then navigate to the driver on your desktop. This sometimes works. Your screenshot shows two Bluetooth devices with yellow triangles. If the above doesn't work on one, try the other also.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    If you can, download the driver to an empty folder on your desktop. It may be in a zip file, unzip it if it is.

Open Device Manager and open the Properties on the Bluetooth device. Click on Update Drive, then Have disk, then navigate to the driver on your desktop. This sometimes works. Your screenshot shows two Bluetooth devices with yellow triangles. If the above doesn't work on one, try the other also.
    This is the link they sent me. There doesn't seem to be a way to get this into a zip file.

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

Thanks
    Have you checked your BIOS setup to make sure the Bluetooth adapter is turned on/enabled?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    Have you checked your BIOS setup to make sure the Bluetooth adapter is turned on/enabled?
    I have not done this and I am not quite sure how to do it.

I also want to thank everyone for all your suggestions so far. I appreciate everyone's help!

Thanks
    Can you go to Device Manager and Update Drivers, then choose manual Update and then choose your Bluetooth device from list and install the drivers without the Bluetooth device connected?
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is the link they sent me. There doesn't seem to be a way to get this into a zip file.

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php
    Tried the site and I had no trouble downloading the file which is an exe file that is 12MB. Perhaps there is some blocking going on in your browser. See attached.

BT-DLoad1.JPGBT-DLoad2.JPG

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Did you try executing the driver download with "Run As administrator"?

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast