New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation [SOLVED] Windows 8.1 Switching user accounts Issue!

Hello guys

Ever since I upgraded windows 8 to 8.1 I now have issues when switching user accounts. When I am signed into my standard account then click my other user account (Administrator Account) every time I make any interaction with my system the screen just goes black for a few second and the welcome screen comes back. If I do this again the issue repeats it self up to 6 characters and then the screen goes black longer then 2 seconds and the password box then becomes empty. thus making it impossible to re logging to any account I choose.

If I force shut down my system then the issue is cleared until I repeat the issue aging.

I'm curios to know if I'm not the only one here with this kind of problem.

Any help and information you provide would be much appreciated!

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ross Q; 2013-10-26 at 07:58.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Not that problem specifically but account problems in general for sure; from experience, exactly the kind one would expect from an upgrade (vs. clean install) if everything didn't get updated perfectly.
    I've deleted my accounts, started with new Microsoft account which is working much better but now I'm going to push my luck again and switch it over to a local account. I make them all admin accounts but I've never felt less like an administrator than I have in 8.1.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I decided to try and revert back to windows 8 and reinstall windows 8.1 since they fixed the bugs when they re released it on Tuesday 22nd. It did seem to resolve the other Issues that I had but not the one I'm facing currently.

It works fine if I sign out of my current account and then log into another user account. Just not when I leave this user account logged in and sign into another user account.

I have noticed if you have a admin account on windows 8 and you upgrade to 8.1 it dose seem to convert it from a local account into a Microsoft account.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    *UPDATE*

The issue seems to be resolved! I it must be a windows 8.1 update as I have not made any changes to my configuration at all.

I believe it must be this update. (KB2901549)

Thank you for your support and information on this issue!