Lounger
    Thanks

New DL Question Outlook 2000 (Outlook 2000)

There is a Distribution List setup on the Global address List. I want a printout of all the people in that DL.

Help??

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New DL Question Outlook 2000 (Outlook 2000)

This is a big gap in the GAL/OL feature set. I've attached a zipped excel file that can do this. You enter the DL name, and it will generate the members. I didn't write it, and don't remember where I got it, so I can't credit the right person. It's been very handy for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Along a similar vein, I have tried simply copying the names and e-mail addresses of members of a Distribution List in my Outlook Contacts folder to an external application (Notepad, Excel, etc.) and have been unsuccessful. You cannot select the members of the list then drag and drop to another program. Further, when the members are selected, the Cut, Copy, and Paste options are disabled (greyed) in the edit menu.

I tweaked the macro in the Excel file posted by OldDog in order to work with Outlook 2002 (XP) and use the "Contacts" list. The first bug I had to fix is that it claimed Outlook 2002 (version 10) was older than Outlook 98 (version 8.5) -- not true. Next, I changed the address book to search for from "Global Address List" to "Contacts". Finally, I added code to print the e-mail address by itself in addition to the name/e-mail address combo of each member.

Hopefully this is useful to others wishing to copy the names and addresses of members of a distribution list to another application. You need to have macros enabled in Excel to use the file. In addition, Outlook might complain that a program is trying to access the address list - grant access for 1 minute and it will work fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Another user reported some bugs with the macro in the Excel file I had previously posted. I have fixed the bugs and will post an updated version.