Super Moderator
    Thanks

Port Forwarding to activate RDP and IIS

I'm attempting to configure a PC to be accessible either using Remote Desktop or a web browser to IIS where I have a cable modem that connects to a second router which connects to the PC using a wireless connection. The cable modem has established the wireless router at 10.1.10.10 (it's the only thing connected to the cable modem. Should port forwarding in the cable modem be set to forward to the wireless router, or to the end PC which is at 192.168.0.102? Thanks in advance.
    Wendell

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,054 Posts
    The cable modem likely can't even reach the PC, so you I would set the cable modem to forward to the wireless router and the wireless router to forward to the PC.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanks Rui, that was my inclination, and I just tried it but with no success so far. I'll keep plugging away.
    Wendell

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Is the PC being assigned the same IP every time? Did you reserve it or set it to be a fixed IP?
    Rui
    -------
    R4