New Lounger
    Thanks

waking from sleep after 8.1 upgrade

I just bought a Lenovo U330 Touch which shipped with Windows 8. I upgraded to 8.1 and immediately things began to go wrong! Many drivers needed replacing but as they were well signposted it was a pain but not a disaster. What really hurt was the murder of the wake from sleep functionality. There is currently no way of waking the computer up from sleep mode other than a hard switch off and restart. Looking at the Lenovo web site, I can't afford to use their premium rate number for tech support!, it seems that I am not alone with this issue. I phoned Microsoft but after a tech remotely looked through my machine he gave up, promised to escalate the issue and said I would get a phone back within two hours. That has not happened so I assume Microsoft are as stumped as I am. I wonder if you can throw any light on this.

Thanks
    Have you tried...
    Power troubleshooter; Open control panel, type "troubleshooter" in search box, click "troubleshooting".
    Click on "improve power usage" under Sytem and Security.
    x1.jpg
    It should look like this

You can also try this...
    Copy and paste "powercfg -ENERGY", without the quotes, into an elevated command prompt.
    x2.jpg
    It'll take a few minutes to run. Note where the html report file is located.

There have also been reports of networking causing such sleep/wake issues as well.

https://www.google.com/#q=upgade+fro...ake+from+sleep
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.