New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Win 8.1 upgrade fails at "Uninstall these apps" error msg, but no app to uninstall

I have two similarly-configured computers, a desktop and laptop, running Win 8, 64 bit, 4 GB RAM, multi-core processor.

On my laptop, the upgrade to Win 8.1 "pauses" at this message:

"Uninstall these apps

Before you update to Windows 8.1, uninstall these apps. If you pause the update, you can restart it later from the Store.
    - Sonic Studio DLA"

(On my desktop, the upgrade ran properly.)

On my laptop, there is NO Sonic Studio app, there is no Sonic Studio program, there is no Sonic Studio folder, and when I search the registry, there is no Sonic Studio listed in any registry entry.

The first thing Win 8.1 does is offer to uninstall the app, then aborts and just tells me to pause the upgrade and attempt it again after I uninstall the app.

I have retried the upgrade a few times, it always spends almost an hour looking for "compatibility" and then posts this same error message.

Does anyone know how to find the elusive "Sonic Studio DLA" and how to remove it?

Of course, Microsoft Support is worthless and unreachable. I get the amusing and Microsoft-notorious message, "Chat online with an Answer Tech
    Thanks for your patience. You may have reached us outside of our online chat hours of operation:24/7 support" (I'm outside the hours of 24/7??? REALLY???)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,069 Posts
    You could try a registry search for 'Sonic Studio' and check if there is anything there.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    there is no Sonic Studio listed in any registry entry.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Do you use the app in the other computer? Are you using a Microsoft account to login?
    Rui
    -------
    R4