Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer 10-Connection Problems

Until yesterday IE was working well in Windows 7, and was fast. However, now when I open IE I just get a blank page and I am told IE is not responding. The menu bar is not present, and when I click the settings button most of the options, including IE options, are grayed out.

The strange thing is that if I restart in Windows 8.1 IE works well, and in Win 7 Windows Live Mail works normally. Also, although if I try to go to any other web page in Win7 I just get a blank page, when I clicked the taskbar shortcut to Windows Secrets the page opened up normally.

I ran ipconfig /all, and the Node type was shown as hybrid, and the DNS Servers were shown as 194.158.37.196, alternatively 194.158.37.211

I also ran network troubleshooters, and was told the connection was configured correctly but that the DNS Server was not responding.

Help resolving this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try Internet Options>Advanced Tab and reset IE to default settings, it worked for me.
    OK it's a pain having to reset things you want different, but it seems to get over locking up problems.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to A1ex For This Useful Post:

royw (2013-10-28)

Thanks
    Roy, Have you tried a scan for malware? This is just a thought. Did anything change from yesterday to today? Do you have IE set to update automatically?

UpDate IE.jpg

I believe IE 10 has the same option.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Alex, that worked, and Ted, yes IE is set to update automatically.

Regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread