Thanks

Word in Office RT and Word in SkyDrive

Ok, I am not having a good morning.

I should probably post this to two threads, but they are related issues.

I copied a link: https://join.microsoft.com/meet/dougt/F274WBQZ to a Word 2010 document on my Win 7 desktop, saved the document to my desktop. I was able to open as well as copy the link as usual. I then did a Save As, and saved the document to the Documents folder in SkyDrive. Once I had it in SkyDrive, I tried to open the link from My Surface RT (8.1) and there doesn't appear to be anyway of opening a link. Knowing me I'm probably missing something here.....? Yes, I tried to get a Right Click in there as well.
    I was however able to copy the link from Word RT however and pasted it into I.E. so I could get to the webinar which is in a half hour.

While Trying to figure out just WTH was going on, I tried to copy the link from the Word Web App in SkyDrive and here is the message I received: "Can't Access Clipboard Your browser doesn't allow access to the clipboard. Instead, use the keyboard shortcuts for cut, copy, and paste." I did this and it did work. Did I miss a setting somewhere along the line when I installed I.E. 11?

WTH is going on!

thanks guys.... I need to get over to the webinar now
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Browsers do that now, probably a safety measure or something. All recent browser versions do it.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    If that is the case then why does it only occur in SkyDrive and only on my Win 7 laptop ?

Untitled.jpg
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I don't know. I get it multiple times, in multiple places.

Try adding skydrive to the list of your trusted sites.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Thanks ruirib.... I sent off a question to the SkyDrive forum, and tomorrow I have an appointment with MSFT in Scottsdale for a little training on my Surface RT. I wasn't going to take my laptop, but I'm thinking now it might not be a bad idea...
    Thanks John