New Lounger

Directory Mail Merge works but need it into a letter

The merge worked! In my scenario each page provides a list of service addresses that relate to a mailing address. I need help on how to make the merged results into a letter and not just a list on a page. This time, I had simply 21 letters. So, I saved the NEW merged document. Then, used cut and paste for the mailing address and two more cut and paste sections for the upper half and lower half of the letter. Each time I tried to add anything to the merge language with " or {} I would end up with a mess. I tried using the add in with skydrive and the other suggested program. That was frustrating and am in a deadline situation. I just need an example to show me how to add the rest of the contents of my letter with the merged list.
    I can send specific details once I know someone will help.

Here's basic idea:

blah blah

the directory mail merge which looks like this:
    Accounts for billing address (mlg address):
    (account#) 4 spaces (service address)

blah blah

Thank you

Holly etc

Is this possible with Mayor or Skydrive?

PLEASE DO NOT REFER ME TO MS/SKYDRIVE/MAYOR - I've been there for 4 days and can't make this work

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    The Robbins/Mayor Addins are designed for what you have in mind. As with any mailmerge, though, they require careful implementation.

If you don't like the Robbins/Mayor Addins, you can use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility (the terminology depends on the Word version). To see how to do so with any mailmerge data source supported by Word, check out my Microsoft Word Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial - it's a 'Sticky' thread at the top of this forum:

The tutorial covers everything from list creation to the insertion & calculation of values in multi-record tables in letters. Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

For some worked examples, see the attachments to the posts at:

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]