David Hare-Scott

Inetinfo crashes

Using Win98SE,IE5, Outlook 2000. Now and then I get "inetinfo performed an illegal operation..." typically if the system has been running but not used for a while. This seems to have no other effect.

What does inetinfo do? What would happen if I get rid of it?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inetinfo crashes

Hi David:

I typed a reply & then part of my Netscape hung & I lost it. There are many causes of Illegal Operation messages. A couple of things to try:
    1. Pay attention to exactly what you're doing when it happens? This may give you a clue & you can look it up in the Microsoft KB.
    2. I don't have inetinfo. You could search for it on your hard drive & then see if it's in a folder associated with a particular application. Maybe you don't need it running.

3. Ctrl+Alt+Del to see what's running. You can end task on everything except the app you want, Explorer, & systray. See if that helps.

4. I suppose you could also run Dr. Watson (Start/Run/ & type msinfo32 & enter. From tools choose Dr. Watson.

5. Also, you might check to see that you aren't running too many things. See my post over here.

Hope this helps.