Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Inetinfo crashes
2001-01-27, 22:44 #1David Hare-ScottGuest
Using Win98SE,IE5, Outlook 2000. Now and then I get "inetinfo performed an illegal operation..." typically if the system has been running but not used for a while. This seems to have no other effect.
What does inetinfo do? What would happen if I get rid of it?
2001-01-29, 00:33 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2000
- Los Angeles Area, California, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Inetinfo crashes
I typed a reply & then part of my Netscape hung & I lost it. There are many causes of Illegal Operation messages. A couple of things to try:
1. Pay attention to exactly what you're doing when it happens? This may give you a clue & you can look it up in the Microsoft KB.
2. I don't have inetinfo. You could search for it on your hard drive & then see if it's in a folder associated with a particular application. Maybe you don't need it running.
3. Ctrl+Alt+Del to see what's running. You can end task on everything except the app you want, Explorer, & systray. See if that helps.
4. I suppose you could also run Dr. Watson (Start/Run/ & type msinfo32 & enter. From tools choose Dr. Watson.
5. Also, you might check to see that you aren't running too many things. See my post over here.
Hope this helps.