5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Explorer-Search

How do I get Explorer to stay in Explore View and not switch to Search? After drilling down through 3 or 4 levels of folders the view suddenly changes to Search. If I go up one level and right click on the folder I can select Explore, which is usually the second item. How do I make it the first item (which I assume is the default)?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Windows Explorer-Search

Post a screen shot of what your explorer looks like?
    I am not sure of what you are asking?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Explorer-Search

Sorry, I can't post a sreen shot, the XP PC is at a remote site. I will try to explain more clearly. Think of Win 98 with Classic Explorer view. Split screen, with drives and folders on left, folder contents on right.
    Let's select C:Program Files on left. On right I double click on Microsoft Office and the display shows three folders on the right: Clipart, Office, Templates. I can continue to double click on any folder to see its contents. In XP Home, after "drilling down" to the fourth or fifth folder the view suddenly changes. On the left side is the Search screen asking about what you want to search for: pictures, files, etc. Why did this change from "Explorer" view? I know there is a setting that controls this, but I can't find it.