3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Red face help needed to "incorporate" a macro

hello everyone;

i need help.

i want to have stock quotes shown in a spreadsheet with the values extracted from the Yahoo Financial site.

after browsing the web i got into this site

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/show...t-VBA-in-Excel

which shows a VBA macro (i think it's called GetStockDetails), that i don't know how to incorporate into the sheet i'm attaching (column A has the symbols according to Yahoo format).

btw, i'm using Office 2003.

i tried to open the attachment on the site, but bounced me because it seems to be restricted.

to get help, i registered to the vbaexpress and posted a request for help, no answer.

so, i will VERY much appreciate if someone could "blend" this macro into my sheet and, please guide me into its use.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

daniel rozenberg

PS: Many years ago (>35, i am a retiree now), i used to write Basic syntax, but have all forgotten, and am unfamiliar with the VISUAL aspect of this. i have, yes, entered macros into a sheet, but just by recording it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    i was "fiddling" a bit with the code and (somehow) managed to "edit" a macro into the VBA sheet.
    got a nice result (although it's not what i need), but i am nevertheless attaching it for those interested.
    pls consider my query answered.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    FWIW, I have no trouble accessing the attachment at VBA_Express. Had you registered there before trying to download it?

Furthermore, since you say you made a separate post there, please provide cross-post links between that thread and this one. For cross-posting etiquette, see: http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]