3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Red face help needed to "incorporate" a macro

hello everyone;

i need help.

i want to have stock quotes shown in a spreadsheet with the values extracted from the Yahoo Financial site.

after browsing the web i got into this site

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/show...t-VBA-in-Excel

which shows a VBA macro (i think it's called GetStockDetails), that i don't know how to incorporate into the sheet i'm attaching (column A has the symbols according to Yahoo format).

btw, i'm using Office 2003.

i tried to open the attachment on the site, but bounced me because it seems to be restricted.

to get help, i registered to the vbaexpress and posted a request for help, no answer.

so, i will VERY much appreciate if someone could "blend" this macro into my sheet and, please guide me into its use.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

daniel rozenberg

PS: Many years ago (>35, i am a retiree now), i used to write Basic syntax, but have all forgotten, and am unfamiliar with the VISUAL aspect of this. i have, yes, entered macros into a sheet, but just by recording it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    i was "fiddling" a bit with the code and (somehow) managed to "edit" a macro into the VBA sheet.
    got a nice result (although it's not what i need), but i am nevertheless attaching it for those interested.
    pls consider my query answered.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    FWIW, I have no trouble accessing the attachment at VBA_Express. Had you registered there before trying to download it?

Furthermore, since you say you made a separate post there, please provide cross-post links between that thread and this one. For cross-posting etiquette, see: http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]