New Lounger
    Thanks

Skype password reset token

Hi everyone, last weekend I upgraded to Windows 8.1 which un-installed all my apps, I cannot remember my password for Skype, So I went to their website to try & reset my password, They sent me a reset token which doesn't work, I have tried this many times but still locked out of my account, I do not want to open a new account as I will lose contact with some friends all over the world, any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Many Thanks,
    Skilts.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you were signing in to Skype with a Microsoft Account, then apparently you need to click Microsoft Account before requesting a password reset:

Skype Password Token Is Not Recognized

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Skype account is not linked to a microsoft account so I cannot use this option,

Skilts

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have just e-mailed their customer support for help, will let you know if they can help, from what I have been reading on web many people are having problems trying to reset their password on Skype,

Skilts

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, I have been trying new reset tokens for the last five days without any luck, I have also had a number of e-mails from their customer services, I don't know if they read my comments or I'm talking to a computer, I keep ending up getting back to square one where they tell you to download a reset token, close to giving up on skype now,
    Skilts

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well here we are a week on, last e-mail wanted me to fill out account information form again so it has now gone full circle, In my efforts to get into my account I tried logging in with my Microsoft account, this created an account with my hotmail contacts, BAD MISTAKE, I am now unable to log out of Skype, so beware !, think I will look for an alternative, any suggestions ?

Skilts

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skilts View Post
    Well here we are a week on, last e-mail wanted me to fill out account information form again so it has now gone full circle, In my efforts to get into my account I tried logging in with my Microsoft account, this created an account with my hotmail contacts, BAD MISTAKE, I am now unable to log out of Skype, so beware !, think I will look for an alternative, any suggestions ?

Skilts
    The usual logout options apply, even with a Microsoft account.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry but you are mistaken, This was their last reply
    "
    I understand that you are having issues with your MS account since you can't log out. Let me assist you with these.
    If you signed in to Windows * with your Microsoft account, you can't sign out of Skype. But if you don't want to be disturbed, simply set your Skype status to invisible, and nobody will see you online.
    "
    Last edited by skilts; 2013-11-10 at 11:08.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 1,063 Posts
    I stand corrected. I had seen the sign out option, but hadn't tried it. I went to see if I could log out and saw something to the effect that you have just described.
    This happened even though I still have a regular Skype accont, now associated with my Microsoft account. I think it's just dumb that you cannot logout.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I gave up on Metro Skype as I could not work out how to Skype anyone! I now use good old Desktop Skype with no problems at all.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have my windows set to login with MS hotmail account, so metro skype automatically loads with this account and won't allow to logout or login with another account. We have two separate Skype accounts, so I'm forced to use the Desktop version of Skype. Which actually I tend to prefer to the metro one anyways.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Run a second instance of Skype & try logging on with that

Create a link on your desktop (I'm using Win7x64 and so adapt as needed here ). Here is what the link should contain:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /secondary
    You may be able to do a successful logon with this.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've found the (old!) Windows keyboard shortcut, Alt - F4 ends other Metro apps -- maybe it will work for Skype, at least from the POV of Windows.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    latest version of Skype sucks for me. The video lags etc and would make my cpu usage very high. I uninstalled and went back to a lower version and no such issues. Also it will forward your call to a phone number you designate for 'free'. (wink, wink)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    custom website designer i didn't appreciate that version of skpe at all . I was also using that version of Skype as I could not perform out more to that Skype any more! I now use excellent old Skype with no issues at all. And through which i may conduct my live calls easily.
    Last edited by Albertolive; 2014-02-22 at 02:18.