Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks sdckapr, that is more like it , now you mention it the INT bit comes leaping back. I shall have to dig back into history now , I clearly can't rely on memory! My guess is INT(x+.5) which should meet the convention of rounding .5 upwards.

Thanks
    Yes, Int(x+.5) is the method to round to the nearest integer, when there is no round function. But it does not round to the nearest half, but to the nearest integer.

[INT essentially "truncates" the decimal portion, so 1.5-1.99 would turn to 1, adding the 0.5 turns those values to numbers 2-2.49 so when they are truncated, the effects are to round the original number upwards to the nearest integer, not truncated]

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks again,
    there is an update to this question, just waiting on some puter bits to sort out this old DOS program cos the graphics of that program don't seem work on XP.
    It's where the actual resulting calculation ought to appear, the rest of that old program works fine.
    Once I see that program's result/Sums, then I can make a comparison with excel
    I think I may have to install DOS 6 as the operating system exclusively.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12