Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    4 Star Lounger
    Hillsborough (San Francisco Bay area), California, USA
    Thanks
    Did you have to pay for LastPass 3.0?
    No.

If it's buggy, can you uninstall then re-install Firefox browser?
    Yes, but reinstallinfg Firefox isn't necessary.

Zig

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starvinmarvin View Post
    i keep seeing messages declaring "LastPass 3.0 is here!", but the rest of the message reads as though it's only the premium/pay version so i've left it alone. Did you have to pay for LastPass 3.0? If it's buggy, can you uninstall then re-install Firefox browser?
    All versions have been upgraded. I am not aware of a different paid version for browsers. There are few feature differences, but there is a single download, as far as I am aware.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, i took another look at it. At home we mostly use Chrome browser, and LastPass is a browser "extension". Just checked under Tools/Extensions and my version is 3.06 so my previous comments were spoken in ignorance - duh !!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by starvinmarvin View Post

LastPass "Vault" lists all websites and passwords you have saved. The list is arranged alphabetically. Sometimes this is confusing because, for example, "Comcast.net" may be listed under "login.comcast.net" . You can edit the website name manually if you wish, so it's not all bad!
    Thanks, that removes my one irritation with LastPass
    Last edited by macropod; 2013-11-15 at 15:45. Reason: fixed tags

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Clearly LastPass 3 has some problems, because in the past few days I've seen 3.06, 3.08 and now 3.10 in Firefox. Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon.

Thanks
    <pedant>Do you mean 3.0.10 rather than 3.10? That's what's in my FF. </pedant>

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've used Lastpass for several years and am generally pleased with it. My main issue with it on my phone (8) is a lack of a way to set the default browser. I can't tell if their browser is any good because it's too much hassle to use it. It doesn't integrate with IE on Windows Phone 8 so I don't find it very useful except as a repository for my passwords. Having to copy/paste everything is not my idea of fun. In version 3, it seems they dropped the notification bar that used to be at the top of the browser window on PC browsers which left me wondering if Lastpass was even active. BTW, you had better remember your master password because it doesn't get saved along with the rest of your stuff. There are ways to relieve this burden but they warn against it. It's a good tool and one I'll be using for a long time. As long as we have to have passwords to use computers, I don't know of any better.

Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123