Star Lounger
    Thanks

Rotating a movie

Saturday our oldest grandson got married. I ask a nephew to take pictures and movies with my HD camera. He turned the camera on its side to take movies. When I downloaded them and put them through several program that show movies, I had to turn my head over to the right and look at the movie sideways. Is there a freeby that will turn the movie up right? I need a reliable site. I Googled this question and a program was suggested, but when I went to it and started to download it, Norton went crazy on me. I disregarded the warning and spent several hours cleaning up my computer. Perhaps a good program that I can find on CNet. Thanks.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried the camera manufacturers site for software? Do you still have access to the original recording?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes I have the original recording. No, I didn't think about Canon's site. I'll go there and see what I can find. Thanks.

Thanks
    I use Windows Movie Maker..

I have used it to rotate movies...

You can get it from Microsoft and it's free.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    NCH .com has a free video product called Prism. You download it on trial and when the trial runs out you can use it for non commercial use for free. One of the choices in "Effects" is Rotate CW or CCW. It will convert from format 1 to format 2 (19 formats). It will batch convert 20 videos Fmt1 to 20 videos Fmt2.
    I love it.
    It will not make coffee, Sorry.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to philomel For This Useful Post:

rhawk36 (2013-11-14)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Freemake Video Converter. It rotates videos, allows combining multiple videos, and will import and save many different formats and resolutions. Just be careful not to get an additional program you don't want or need on setup. My current favorite techniques are: select and import the videos to be combined, arrange in desired order, edit each one, convert to desired format/resolution (I use MPEG 1280x720, which works well on iPhone 4/5, Canon PowerShot SD870, and Samsung HMX Q20video), use option to Join Files and Fade between scenes.