New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2010 - Bring Forward Dates Selected in Query "Between Dates" into Report

Hi folks, can you help a relative beginner with her reporting? I've designed a daily report based on a query which selects on one date. Report works great. I have based a seperate report on a query which selects dates using a parameter query BETWEEN [Start Date] AND [End Date]. This returns a report showing each supplier against each date, when what I want it to show is

a) in the report header I want to show the dates Start Date and End Date which I've just selected, and
    b) I want the output to be grouped into a summary form (in other words, just showing the totals for each supplier between those dates, not a long list of individual dates per supplier which is then totalled in the report footer).

Can anyone tell me basic (non-techie coding) ways to achieve this? I'm pretty confident with queries, conditional statements etc.

Many thanks indeed.

Maz

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Maz,

Add 2 Text Boxes to your page header. In one, type =[Start Date] for the ControlSource. In the other type =[End Date].

This will place the parameters from the query on your report.

For the grouping you will need to add a group footer for the supplier. In the group footer you will need to put a Text Box with the formula =Sum([YourFieldToSum])

This will total the value for the field YourFieldToSum (or whatver the name is). Once you have totals set the detail section to Visible=No.

Regards,

Bill