New Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer will not load some websites

I am having problems loading some websites and some pages in some websites when using Internet Explorer. I have checked the sites using Chrome and everything works fine. The problem is in Internet Explorer. I was using version 10 and uninstalled that and went back to 9 without solving the problem. I am running Windows 7 on a desk top computer.

I have a netbook running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 10 and everything works fine.

On some sites, I can not load anything, but on others it only some pages.

Administrator
    Thanks
    With IE 10 & IE 11 Microsoft have made big strides in standards compatibility. Some web site owners have been very lazy about updating their web sites to detect IE 10 & IE 11. When IE is detected at all an older version is assumed. Have you tried using Compatibility mode?

Joe

Thanks
    As Joe suggested, try comparability view:
    Gear icon > compatibility view settings

Also,the problematic pages might be using Java or Flash and you don't have the appropriate add in loaded for IE.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for the ideas, I am using compatibility mode without success. Also, this problem just started in the last month. Before, that everything worked just fine. I have not changed anything that I know of. I think I have the latest Java and Flash loaded. I know that I have not changed anything on them.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    When you revert a version of IE, it tends to keep the same add-ons so it's best to reset to defaults before doing so, which could be why there was no change when you reverted to IE 9.

Retry the sites again either after resetting IE to defaults or using IE without add-ons.