Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I updated from Windows 8.0 to 8.1. During updating to 8.1, I had to create a Microsoft account. I didn't create one under 8.0. Do you know how I can delete my Microsoft account so I can boot directly to 8.1?

Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE1 View Post
    I updated from Windows 8.0 to 8.1. During updating to 8.1, I had to create a Microsoft account. I didn't create one under 8.0. Do you know how I can delete my Microsoft account so I can boot directly to 8.1?

Thanks.
    Even if you had a normal account, you'd still be required to login. You can see if SysInternals AutoLogon allows you to login automatically with your Microsoft account (I suspect it will).

Alternatively, you change your Microsoft account to local account, but that in itself won't help solving the login issue.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My earlier post here shows I found how to log in to Windows 8.1 without using the Microsoft account log in at: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...in-windows-81/ .Also, I found on Youtube a step by step procedure. It works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBDwfF37mwg

I hope this is what you are looking for ACE1, as I had the very same situation as you. The video is the easiest way, but the guy's voice is a little different.
    Last edited by BobL27; 2013-11-12 at 15:04.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    Windows 7 and 8 can burn an ISO to DVD without any additional software: Windows 7 and 8: How To Burn an ISO Image to Disc

I believe all upgrades retain the original key for activation. An 8.1 key is only needed for installation from DVD/USB.

Bruce
    My successful "up"grade from Win8 Pro to Win8.1 Pro, changed the license key. This "up"grade was done from the Windows Store

Ken

Thanks
    I have a question for someone (anyone) who is logging into Windows8.1 with a Microsoft Account:
    What are the ramifications of setting-up the Win8.1 upgrade with Microsoft Account; when/if the users network is not functional and/or unavailable?
    Specifically, can the user (with a non-Local Account) still be able to log-into the Win8.1 OS and continue to use their hardware?
    Thank you in advance!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoid View Post
    I have a question for someone (anyone) who is logging into Windows8.1 with a Microsoft Account:
    What are the ramifications of setting-up the Win8.1 upgrade with Microsoft Account; when/if the users network is not functional and/or unavailable?
    Specifically, can the user (with a non-Local Account) still be able to log-into the Win8.1 OS and continue to use their hardware?
    Thank you in advance!
    Yes, you don't need the network to login to Windows.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    For anyone still puzzling over this (as I was, having forgotten Susan's advice by the time I did the upgrade) you may want to check out this post in another forum by member nsemrau. I used the "disconnect" link he/she describes and it completely restored my 8.0 local account. I'm a happy camper again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123